Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hey there!

Hey skaters!
I was recently struck by the inspiration to start a blog and I decided to do just that! I should be catching up on some Zs seeing as I have an AP exam tomorrow, however I decided to write my first post instead. I'll tell you a little bit about myself. I'm a 17 year old girl, I've been skating for 12 years and I currently compete at the Senior level. I have experience in synchro, moves in the field, and ice dance but freestyle is my passion. I love the feeling of flying through the air in a jump. There is something so liberating about having both feet off the ground, arms pulled in tight, pony-tail whipping around, a quick little adrenaline rush and finally the crisp sound of an edge as you hit the ice on your feet....or the cold hard smack of the ice on your butt. I enjoy competing, but most of all I love to perform. I hope to one day skate with Disney on Ice...but more on that later! I am typically a reserved person and I can sometimes be very self conscious, but that is something I am trying to work through. And yet, when I am on the ice, under the spotlight, with all eyes on me, I feel the most at ease. I love making the connections with the music and being able to make people cry, smile, laugh, applaud. Instead of shying away from spectators, I crave them. I love the feeling of being able to express my emotions on the ice, to tell a story to others, to be myself without any restrictions, free of judgement.
I hope to post blog entries at least once a week. This is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment